After quite an eventful week, I was trying to come up with a great recipe using what I knew I had back home. Unexpectedly, saw a post on Facebook about cater willing to give away some samples of his own doing. I decided to give it a go, try it and basically guess what was in it. The result was simply outstanding so I created a new recipe using his spices mix as a basis. Even if you do not have all the spices, I can be sure you will be happy with the result.
- 100 gr of chicken
- 1/2 cup of basmati rice
- Red cabbage
- Salt & pepper
- Mint leaf
- A mix of spices: Curcuma, cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika, rosemary, thyme.
- Sunflower seed oil
- In a pot, add the rice and 1 – 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt pepper and set fire to high for 5 min.
- After 5 min, set fire to low and add the mint leave.
- Let it rest afterwards
- Cut the beets, carrots, and the red cabbage into small chunks.
- Combine the beets and cabbage in a bowl and dress to taste with a lemon or vinegar if preferred.
- Stir well, then add the coriander and salt and stir again.
- Let the salad stand for at least 15 minutes or so before serving.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks or cubes.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the listed spices above.
- In a frying pan, add the sunflower seed oil and start searing the chicken (high fire 3 minutes).
- Once it gets color, cover the pan with a lid and turn down the heat for another 5 minutes.
Serve all together with rucola on the side.