Finally! A decent cut of fish. It has been weeks since I prepared something like this. Also, I didn’t want my apples to go to waste, so I decided to give it a try. To be fair, apples are easily associated with dessert but I sued it as a base for this recipe (it does balance well the flavor with a little help from a lemon) and came out surprisingly well.
- 250 Gr of Salmon
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 green apples
- Cooking oil
- Peel and cut the apples. Add them in a pot with 2 cups of water.
- Boil them at high heat until they get soft, then to low fire for 30 min.
- While boiling, add the salt, juice of a half lemon and sugar.
- Once fully cooked, mash them into a puree and serve first.
- In a very hot pan, add some cooking oil (a few drops) and place the salmon with the skin side down.
- Add lemon slices, salt, pepper, and thyme on top and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it cook at medium fire for 7 minutes or until gold.
- Serve on top of the apple sauce.
- Garnish with rucola, tomato, and lettuce.