Holiday tomorrow! Labour day! With that in mind, surely plenty of you will rest and I will do my best to cook a bit more. Not only to make use of such time but also, next week I will be in Barcelona! for family matters. That being said, I have just purchased a very basic muffin tray and started experimenting with it. If you already have any forms for cupcakes, you can give it a go too!
- 1 cup of tomato sauce (not ketchup)
- 1/3 cup of mini ham dices
- 1/3 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 of diced onions
- Coriander (optional)
- Rucola (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- Salt, pepper and sugar
- 1 can (8 oz) of pizza dough, you can buy these in any supermarket. If you prefer, you can make your own with all purpose flour and water, like I did 🙂
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Cover the regular-size muffin cups with butter.
- Unroll dough; separate into 6 triangles.
- Press into muffin cups to create a “cup”
- In a small bowl, mix sauce, ham, red bell pepper, coriander and onion with the cheese. Season with salt, pepper and very small portion of sugar (yes sugar, 1/3 of a teaspoon)
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of your mixture into each dough-lined cup; sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon additional cheese.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from the cupcake form, sprinkle with the Rucola and serve.