After quite a long hiatus, I can finally go back to cook. Trips, works, bad weather and the nasty flu got in the way. That being said, it also killed the vibe to simply cook. Now that we got that out of the way we can start with something sweet, a classic with a twist. If you enjoy breakfast and ice cream, you will love this one.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Fruits (optional)
- 1 cup of strawberry juice
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg, strawberry juice and melted butter.
- Mix until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Place the ice cream last (and fast).
- You can garnish with some fruits and cocoa powder
*NOTE*: The shape of the pancakes was a personal choice. You can still serve them like a regular pancake, without cutting it 🙂